Saint-Gobain North America announced today that it has been named Best Large Organization for Business Culture in the international category at the 2023 Business Culture Awards. The company was honored for its commitment to address barriers for women in the manufacturing industry and its work to create an inclusive and welcoming culture for all employees.
The Business Culture Awards celebrate forward-thinking organizations that recognize how employee experience is fundamental to business performance and have undertaken a substantial initiative that has had a demonstrable impact on their business culture. This award comes as Saint-Gobain continues to implement its company-wide Grow & Impact Strategy, which includes creating the best teams in a diverse and inclusive workplace as a key pillar.
While women’s representation has increased across industries, females continue to be underrepresented in manufacturing. As Saint-Gobain North America continues to build its workplace culture, the company is addressing representation directly in several ways to ensure a welcoming workplace for all. These actions include partnerships with organizations such as Women MAKE America, holding a DE&I Day celebration focused on educating employees on diversity, identifying potential gender biases or gender-coded language in job posting and recruitment practices, and supporting the Women’s Network, one of Saint-Gobain North America’s five Employee Resource Groups.
“It is a great honor to be recognized by the Business Culture Awards as the International Best Large Business for Business Culture for our commitment to promoting diversity and the representation of women in manufacturing,” said Magda Dexter, Senior Vice President of Human Resources and Communication at Saint-Gobain North America. “At Saint-Gobain, we know that diversity is our strength, and we will continue to create a workplace where everyone can succeed and enjoy a rewarding career.”
This recognition from the Business Culture Awards is the latest Saint-Gobain North America has received for its commitment to building a diverse and inclusive workplace and comes as the company has recently launched its empowHERed campaign to promote manufacturing as an ideal career for women:
- In September, CertainTeed Roofing’s Carmen Bodden and Rochelle Samuel were named to INvolve Heroes Women Role Model Lists for their commitment to championing women in business.
- Also in September, Saint-Gobain was honored with two Gold Stevies® in the 2023 Stevie® Awards for Great Employers. Saint-Gobain’s Senior Vice President for Human Resources & Communications Magda Dexter was recognized in the category of Human Resource Executive of the Year for her commitment to fostering an employee centric culture, while Saint-Gobain’s Trust, Empowerment and Collaboration Recognition program was also honored in the category of Best Reward and Recognition Strategy.
- In May, Saint-Gobain North America’s Senior Vice President & General Counsel La-Toya Hackney was named to the Top 20 of Empower Executives Role Model List 2023 for her commitment to fostering a more diverse workplace.
- Also in May, Saint-Gobain was awarded three Stevie Awards in the American Business Awards for its commitment to corporate social responsibility, sustainability and human resource development.
- In April, the National Association of Manufacturers named Saint-Gobain North America as a finalist for three 2023 Manufacturing Leadership Awards in the categories of sustainability and circular economy, transformational culture, and Next-Generation Leadership.
- In January, Saint-Gobain was one of only 15 companies named a global Top Employer by the Top Employer Institute, an honor it has received for the 8th consecutive year.
- In November 2022, Saint-Gobain was awarded three CEO World Awards for its efforts to empower, mentor and promote women in the manufacturing industry.
- In Fall 2022, Saint-Gobain was also recognized in Forbes Magazine’s 2022 List of America’s Best Employers for Women, and Yello and WayUp’s list of Top 100 Internship Programs of 2022.
With over 145 manufacturing locations in the United States, every current and future member of the company’s team plays a vital role in achieving its purpose of making the world a better home. A current list of job openings at all Saint-Gobain locations can be found on the company’s careers website.
Worldwide leader in light and sustainable construction, Saint-Gobain designs, manufactures and distributes materials and services for the construction and industrial markets. Its integrated solutions for the renovation of public and private buildings, light construction and the decarbonization of construction and industry are developed through a continuous innovation process and provide sustainability and performance. The Group’s commitment is guided by its purpose, “MAKING THE WORLD A BETTER HOME”.
€51.2 billion in sales in 2022
168,000 employees, located in 75 countries
Committed to achieving Carbon Neutrality by 2050
Saint-Gobain in North America:
Saint-Gobain Corporate Communications