Saint-Gobain North America today announced that it has been recognized with two Gold Stevie® Awards in the eighth annual Stevie® Awards for Great Employers, winning top honors in both categories where the company was nominated. Specifically, Saint-Gobain was honored with a Gold Stevie® in the category of Best Reward and Recognition Strategy, while Magda Dexter, Saint-Gobain North America’s Senior Vice President for Human Resources & Communications was recognized with a Gold Stevie® in the category of Human Resource Executive of the Year. The Stevie Awards for Great Employers recognize the world’s best employers and the human resources professionals, teams, achievements and HR-related products and suppliers who help to create and drive great places to work. “It is a great honor to be recognized by the Stevie® Awards for Great Employers for Saint-Gobain’s commitment to creating a workplace culture based on Trust, Empowerment and Collaboration,” said Magda Dexter, Senior Vice President for Human Resources and Communications at Saint-Gobain North America. “While I am flattered to be honored as a Human Resource Executive of the Year, the honor really goes to our entire Human Resource and Communications teams, who work tirelessly every day to fulfill our mission to ‘Make the World a Better Home.’” The awards presented to Saint-Gobain North America include:
- Gold Stevie Award® for Best Reward and Recognition Program: Saint-Gobain North America was recognized with top honors for its Trust, Empowerment and Collaboration (TEC) Recognition Program, to honor colleagues, nominated by peers, who bring Saint-Gobain’s employee culture to life in the workplace. In its inaugural year in 2022, the program received nearly 300 nominations and 4 top prizes winners were honored at a gala hosted by top company leadership.
- Gold Stevie Award® to Magda Dexter for Human Resource Executive of the Year: Magda Dexter, Saint-Gobain North America’s Senior Vice President for Human Resources & Communications was recognized for her steadfast commitment to creating an employee-centric culture by deeply understanding her employee’s journey and working to attract and retain the best talent, which includes spearheading an initiative to reinvigorate the company’s Employee Value Proposition in 2022. Magda was the only gold level recipient in this category of twelve finalists.
This recognition from the Stevies® for Great Employers is the latest Saint-Gobain North America has received in recent months for its commitment to Making the World a Better Home:
- In June, Saint-Gobain announced that it had been awarded a 2023 SEAL Business Sustainability Award for its work to create the first “net zero-carbon” gypsum wallboard facility for scope 1 and 2 emissions in North America at its plant outside Montreal, Quebec.
- In May, Saint-Gobain North America’s Senior Vice President & General Counsel La-Toya Hackney was named to the Top 20 of Empower Executives Role Model List 2023 for her commitment to fostering a more diverse workplace.
- Also in May, Saint-Gobain was awarded three Stevie Awards in the American Business Awards for its commitment to corporate social responsibility, sustainability and human resource development.
- In April, the National Association of Manufacturers named Saint-Gobain North America as a finalist for three 2023 Manufacturing Leadership Awards in the categories of sustainability and circular economy, transformational culture, and Next-Generation Leadership.
- In January, Saint-Gobain was one of only 15 companies named a global Top Employer by the Top Employer Institute, an honor it has received for the 8th consecutive year.
- In November, Saint-Gobain was awarded three CEO World Awards for its efforts to empower, mentor and promote women in the manufacturing industry.
- In Fall 2022, Saint-Gobain was also recognized in Forbes Magazine’s 2022 List of America’s Best Employers for Women, and Yello and WayUp’s list of Top 100 Internship Programs of 2022.
With over 145 manufacturing locations in the United States, every current and future member of the company’s team plays a vital role in achieving its purpose of making the world a better home. A current list of job openings at all Saint-Gobain locations can be found on the company’s careers website. For more details on Saint-Gobain, visit http://www.saint-gobain.com and follow us on Twitter @saintgobain.
Worldwide leader in light and sustainable construction, Saint-Gobain designs, manufactures and distributes materials and services for the construction and industrial markets. Its integrated solutions for the renovation of public and private buildings, light construction and the decarbonization of construction and industry are developed through a continuous innovation process and provide sustainability and performance. The Group’s commitment is guided by its purpose, “MAKING THE WORLD A BETTER HOME”.
€51.2 billion in sales in 2022
168,000 employees, located in 75 countries
Committed to achieving Carbon Neutrality by 2050
Saint-Gobain in North America:
Saint-Gobain Corporate Communications