Saint-Gobain North America today announced that La-Toya Hackney, the company’s Senior Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary has been named to the Top 20 of Empower’s Executives Role Model List 2023. This honor recognizes La-Toya’s commitment to creating a more diverse and equitable workplace and community.
The Empower Role Model Lists showcase current and future leaders who are breaking down barriers at work for people of color within global business. The Empower Executives Role Model List is open to business leaders working in all countries, highlighting the top 100 executives who are leading by example to remove barriers for ethnically diverse employees.
In her nearly three years with Saint-Gobain North America, La-Toya has spearheaded major efforts to open doors for people of color, including a diversity internship program within the company’s legal department, allowing students from ethnically diverse backgrounds to explore legal career opportunities within a manufacturing organization. In addition, La-Toya serves as an Executive Advisor for Saint-Gobain’s LEAD (Leading Efforts for Ancestral Diversity) employee resource group. In her community, La-Toya serves on the Board of Directors of the Philadelphia Education Fund, an organization working to enable equitable access to higher education for students in underserved communities, and is engaged with Philadelphia VIP, a legal aid organization dedicated to providing pro bono legal assistance and ensuring access to justice for low-income Philadelphians, small businesses, and nonprofits.
“I am honored to be recognized by Empower Role Model Lists and to stand beside my fellow honorees who are doing so much to break down barriers for people of color within the workplace,” said La-Toya. “Through our Trust, Empowerment, and Collaboration culture at Saint-Gobain North America, we have been able to make real strides to provide opportunities for all in manufacturing and our commitment to fostering a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace will continue.”
La-Toya’s recognition from Employer Role Model Lists is the latest Saint-Gobain North America and its team have received in recent months for its commitment to Make the World a Better Home:
- In May, Saint-Gobain was awarded three Stevie Awards in the American Business Awards for its commitment to corporate social responsibility, sustainability and human resource development.
- In April, the National Association of Manufacturers named Saint-Gobain North America as a finalist for three 2023 Manufacturing Leadership Awards in the categories of sustainability and circular economy, transformational culture, and Next-Generation Leadership.
- In January, Saint-Gobain was one of only 15 companies named a global Top Employer by the Top Employer Institute, an honor it has received for the 8th consecutive year.
- In November, Saint-Gobain was awarded three CEO World Awards for its efforts to empower, mentor and promote women in the manufacturing industry.
- In Fall 2022, Saint-Gobain was also recognized in Forbes Magazine’s 2022 List of America’s Best Employers for Women, and Yello and WayUp’s list of Top 100 Internship Programs of 2022.
With over 145 manufacturing locations in the United States, every current and future member of the company’s team plays a vital role in achieving its purpose of making the world a better home. A current list of job openings at all Saint-Gobain locations can be found on the company’s careers website.
For more details on Saint-Gobain, visit http://www.saint-gobain.com and follow us on Twitter @saintgobain.
Worldwide leader in light and sustainable construction, Saint-Gobain designs, manufactures and distributes materials and services for the construction and industrial markets. Its integrated solutions for the renovation of public and private buildings, light construction and the decarbonization of construction and industry are developed through a continuous innovation process and provide sustainability and performance. The Group’s commitment is guided by its purpose, “MAKING THE WORLD A BETTER HOME”.
€51.2 billion in sales in 2022
168,000 employees, located in 75 countries
Committed to achieving Carbon Neutrality by 2050
Saint-Gobain in North America:
Saint-Gobain Corporate Communications