Saint-Gobain North America today announced that CertainTeed Roofing’s Carmen Bodden (Vice President & General Manager) and Rochelle Samuel (Sustainability Manager) have both been named to INvolve Heroes Women Role Model Lists for 2023. This honor recognizes Carmen and Rochelle’s commitment to a more diverse and equitable workplace and community.
The INvolve Heroes Role Model Lists showcase current and future leaders who are breaking down barriers for women within global business. The INvolve Heroes Role Model Lists are open to business leaders working in all countries, highlighting the top 100 executives and future leaders who are leading by example to foster the talents and contributions of women in their industries.
- Carmen Bodden- Top 100 Women Executives 2023: As the leader of Saint-Gobain’s Roofing Products Group, Carmen has been recognized for her work to foster gender diversity in her business, the company, and manufacturing industry. Her team exemplifies this commitment, where women hold multiple vital roles. Carmen also serves as the Executive Advisor of the company's Women's Network, championing initiatives that empower women. In addition, Carmen takes leadership roles outside her company, contributing to the National Women in Roofing (NWIR) organization and its Philadelphia Chapter and facilitates discussions on the value of women in roofing at industry events.
- Rochelle Samuel- Top 100 Future Leaders 2023: As the Sustainability Manager for CertainTeed Roofing, Rochelle Samuel has been recognized for fostering an open culture for employees of all backgrounds both within the company and in the sustainability sector. At Saint-Gobain, she co-founded LEAD (Leading Efforts for Ancestral Diversity) in 2017, fostering an open culture for employees of all backgrounds, and she is one of the leads for the Women's Network Steering Committee, partnering with businesses to attract, develop, and retain talented women across 13 North American hubs. Passionate about women and minorities in engineering and sustainability, Rochelle promotes inclusion in historically underrepresented fields with the Society of Women Engineers (SWE), where she is a mentor and the National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE), where she connects professional development opportunities with local colleges and universities.
“To be recognized amongst so many leaders dedicated to breaking down barriers for women in business, including my colleague Rochelle Samuel, is a great honor and I thank INvolve Heroes Role Model Lists for this great recognition,” said Carmen. “Our commitment to fostering gender diversity at Saint-Gobain will continue as we work to build the best teams in a diverse and inclusive workplace.”
“Thank you to INvolve Heroes List for recognizing me as a Top 100 Future Leader and congratulations to all those recognized, including my mentor Carmen Bodden,” said Rochelle. “I will continue to work tirelessly to advance equitable representation in the workplace and look forward to continued opportunities to drive more women and people of diverse backgrounds to the manufacturing and sustainability sectors.”
Carmen and Rochelle’s recognition from INVolve Heroes Role Model Lists is the latest Saint-Gobain North America and its team have received for its commitment to Make the World a Better Home and comes as the company has recently launched its empowHERed campaign to promote manufacturing as an ideal career for women:
- Earlier this month, Saint-Gobain was honored with two Gold Stevies® in the 2023 Stevie® Awards for Great Employers. Saint-Gobain’s Senior Vice President for Human Resources & Communications Magda Dexter was recognized in the category of Human Resource Executive of the Year for her commitment to fostering an employee centric culture, while Saint-Gobain’s Trust, Empowerment and Collaboration Recognition program was also honored in the category of Best Reward and Recognition Strategy.
- In June, Saint-Gobain announced that it had been awarded a 2023 SEAL Business Sustainability Award for its work to create the first “net zero-carbon” gypsum wallboard facility for scope 1 and 2 emissions in North America at its plant outside Montreal, Quebec.
- In May, Saint-Gobain North America’s Senior Vice President & General Counsel La-Toya Hackney was named to the Top 20 of Empower Executives Role Model List 2023 for her commitment to fostering a more diverse workplace.
- Also in May, Saint-Gobain was awarded three Stevie Awards in the American Business Awards for its commitment to corporate social responsibility, sustainability and human resource development.
- In April, the National Association of Manufacturers named Saint-Gobain North America as a finalist for three 2023 Manufacturing Leadership Awards in the categories of sustainability and circular economy, transformational culture, and Next-Generation Leadership.
- In January, Saint-Gobain was one of only 15 companies named a global Top Employer by the Top Employer Institute, an honor it has received for the 8th consecutive year.
- In November, Saint-Gobain was awarded three CEO World Awards for its efforts to empower, mentor and promote women in the manufacturing industry.
- In Fall 2022, Saint-Gobain was also recognized in Forbes Magazine’s 2022 List of America’s Best Employers for Women, and Yello and WayUp’s list of Top 100 Internship Programs of 2022.
With over 145 manufacturing locations in the United States, every current and future member of the company’s team plays a vital role in achieving its purpose of making the world a better home. A current list of job openings at all Saint-Gobain locations can be found on the company’s careers website.
Worldwide leader in light and sustainable construction, Saint-Gobain designs, manufactures and distributes materials and services for the construction and industrial markets. Its integrated solutions for the renovation of public and private buildings, light construction and the decarbonization of construction and industry are developed through a continuous innovation process and provide sustainability and performance. The Group’s commitment is guided by its purpose, “MAKING THE WORLD A BETTER HOME”.
€51.2 billion in sales in 2022
168,000 employees, located in 75 countries
Committed to achieving Carbon Neutrality by 2050
Saint-Gobain in North America:
Saint-Gobain Corporate Communications