At Saint-Gobain, our commitment to sustainability compels us to:
Develop innovative, effective solutions that meet the challenge of protecting the environment.
- Limit the environmental impact of buildings WATCH US LEED BY EXAMPLE >
- Develop low-energy solutions VIEW SMART ENERGY GENERATION >
- Educate and raise awareness of energy efficiency LEARN ABOUT RECYCLING >
- Discover a world-class lineup of sustainable building products FIND OUT HOW WE ARE BUILDING RESPONSIBLY >
Consider the environmental impact of our business at every stage, from product design through manufacturing to the point of sale and product disposal at the end of life.
- Reduce direct and indirect atmospheric emissions READ ABOUT ENERGY STAR >
- Preserve natural resources, including water, wood and minerals READ HOW WE SAVED ALMOST 100 MILLION GALLONS OF WATER >
Reduce as much as possible the quantitative and qualitative impact of its activities on water resources, by both its withdrawals and by its discharges.
Mobilizing and making all the of Saint-Gobain’s functions, sites and stakeholders (including suppliers) more aware of water-related challenges, while taking socioeconomic challenges into consideration (dialogue with communities).
Planning the implementation of appropriate action on Saint-Gobain’s sites, according to their level of exposure to water-related risks.
Measuring progress attained by using common indicators that are coherent with existing guidelines and reference tools at an international level.
Anticipating changes in laws & regulations in the countries where Saint-Gobain operates and incorporating water-related challenges inthe Group’s innovation strategy.
Adhere to strict EHS and Internal Safety requirements
The Health-industrial hygiene standards on:
- noise NOS (Noise Standard)
- exposure to toxic agents TAS (Toxic Agents Standard) and its application guides (crystalline silica; building, renovation and maintenance of melting furnaces; EHS Code Of Conduct Applying To Nanomaterials & Related Products In Saint-Gobain; use of fibrous materials)
- purchasing and use of mobile phones and smartphones
- risk assessment
Internal safety requirements on:
- accident analysis
- working at height
- control of contractors
- permit to work
- Fork Lift Truck
- Machinery Safety
- Vehicles and Pedestrians
- Confined Space
- Warehousing and Loading
- Road risk management