Saint-Gobain North America, one of the world’s largest building materials companies and the leader in light and sustainable construction, has received a score of 90 out of 100 on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2023-2024 Corporate Equality Index, matching its strong score in 2022. The Corporate Equality Index is the United States’ foremost national roadmap and benchmarking tool for U.S. businesses on corporate policies, practices and benefits pertinent to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer employees.
Saint-Gobain North America was recognized for its commitment to LGBTQ workforce protections, its culture of inclusivity and corporate social responsibility, and inclusive benefits. Since the 2022 survey, Saint-Gobain has enhanced its insurance benefits to ensure equity, including benefits eligibility for domestic partners and enhanced benefits for gender reassignment services. The score was awarded to Saint-Gobain as it continues to execute its global Grow and Impact strategy, which includes building a diverse and inclusive workplace as a key priority.
“At Saint-Gobain, we are committed to creating the best teams in a diverse and inclusive workplace, and this score from the Human Rights Campaign Foundation is a testament to our efforts to foster an atmosphere where all can feel safe, supported and welcome,” said Jay Bachmann, Vice President and General Manager of CertainTeed’s Interior Product Group and the Executive Advisor of Saint-Gobain’s Live Open LGBTQIA+ Employee Resource Group. “I’d like to thank our entire team, especially our Live Open Employee Resource Group, for their hardwork and commitment to the cause of inclusivity.”
Saint-Gobain is honored to advocate for a workplace that encourages colleagues to come together with common interests, viewpoints, and experiences. The company is home to several Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), including its LGBTQ Network – Live Open, Leading Efforts for Ancestral Diversity Network – LEAD, Women’s Network, Career Network, and Veterans Network.
Today’s recognition is the latest Saint-Gobain North America has received in recent months for its commitment to MAKING THE WORLD A BETTER HOME:
- In September, Saint-Gobain was honored with two gold Stevie® Awards in the 2023 Stevie® Awards for Great Employers. Senior Vice President of Human Resources and Communications Magda Dexter was honored as the Human Resource Executive of the Year and the company’s Trust, Empowerment and Collaboration Program won Best Reward and Recognition Program.
- In June, Saint-Gobain announced that it had been awarded a 2023 SEAL Business Sustainability Award for its work to create the first “net zero-carbon” gypsum wallboard facility for scope 1 and 2 emissions in North America at its plant outside Montreal, Quebec.
- In May, Saint-Gobain North America’s Senior Vice President & General Counsel La-Toya Hackney was named to the Top 20 of Empower Executives Role Model List 2023 for her commitment to fostering a more diverse workplace.
- Also in May, Saint-Gobain was awarded three Stevie Awards in the American Business Awards for its commitment to corporate social responsibility, sustainability and human resource development.
- In April, the National Association of Manufacturers named Saint-Gobain North America as a finalist for three 2023 Manufacturing Leadership Awards in the categories of sustainability and circular economy, transformational culture, and Next-Generation Leadership.
- In January, Saint-Gobain was one of only 15 companies named a global Top Employer by the Top Employer Institute, an honor it has received for the 8th consecutive year.
- In November, Saint-Gobain was awarded three CEO World Awards for its efforts to empower, mentor and promote women in the manufacturing industry.
- In Fall 2022, Saint-Gobain was also recognized in Forbes Magazine’s 2022 List of America’s Best Employers for Women, and Yello and WayUp’s list of Top 100 Internship Programs of 2022.With over 145 manufacturing locations in the United States and Canada, every current and future member of the company’s team plays a vital role in achieving its goals. A current list of job openings at all Saint-Gobain locations can be found on the company’s career website.
Worldwide leader in light and sustainable construction, Saint-Gobain designs, manufactures and distributes materials and services for the construction and industrial markets. Its integrated solutions for the renovation of public and private buildings, light construction and the decarbonization of construction and industry are developed through a continuous innovation process and provide sustainability and performance. The Group’s commitment is guided by its purpose, “MAKING THE WORLD A BETTER HOME”.
€51.2 billion in sales in 2022
168,000 employees, located in 75 countries
Committed to achieving Carbon Neutrality by 2050
Saint-Gobain in North America:
Saint-Gobain Corporate Communications