Saint-Gobain today announced that it has acquired the remaining equity interest and assets of Seven Hills Paperboard LLC, including a gypsum paper board liner manufacturing facility in Lynchburg, Virginia, from its joint venture partner WestRock.
With approximately 80 employees working in Lynchburg, this acquisition complements the gypsum wallboard operations of Saint-Gobain’s CertainTeed Interior Products Group. The integration of gypsum paper board liner production within the company represents a significant step in strengthening the supply chain for this essential material and will allow the company to better serve its customers.
“The acquisition of these assets represents our continued commitment to our customers to provide quality gypsum wallboard products,” said Mark Rayfield, President & CEO of Saint-Gobain North America and CertainTeed Canada. “I would like to welcome our 80 new team members in Lynchburg and look forward to your contributions to our purpose, ‘To Make the World a Better Home.”’
The Lynchburg facility joins the CertainTeed building materials business, in the Americas Region.
Today’s closing announcement follows several other North American growth investments announced by Saint-Gobain in recent months:
- In September, Saint-Gobain completed the $1.325 billion acquisition of Building Products of Canada Corp., reinforcing its leadership in light and sustainable construction in the Canadian market.
- Also in September, Saint-Gobain announced a $28 million expansion of its CertainTeed Siding facility in Williamsport, Maryland, allowing the company to expand its product offerings in the Mid-Atlantic Region.
- In July, Saint-Gobain announced a $235 million expansion of its CertainTeed Gypsum facility in Palatka, Florida, more than doubling production capacity and creating over 100 new jobs.
- In April, Saint-Gobain celebrated the opening of its CertainTeed Corners facility in Social Circle, Georgia, enhancing its portfolio of high-quality interior finishing products and growing its presence in the southeastern United States.
- In February, the company acquired the rights to technology from recycling partner Asphaltica, which will allow Saint-Gobain to grow its ability to recycle asphalt shingle waste.
- In January, Saint-Gobain announced its intent to construct a new roofing manufacturing facility and distribution center in Bryan, Texas, creating approximately 130 new jobs in the area and reaffirming its commitment to serving customers in the southern United States.
- Last year, Saint-Gobain announced the acquisitions of both Kaycan and GCP, strengthening its leadership positions in siding and construction chemicals respectively.
With over 145 manufacturing locations in United States and Canada, every current and future member of the company’s team plays a vital role in achieving its sustainability goals. A current list of job openings at all Saint-Gobain locations can be found on the company’s careers website.
With innovative building solutions made possible through its comprehensive offering of interior and exterior products, CertainTeed is transforming how the industry builds. As leaders in building science and sustainable construction, CertainTeed makes it easier than ever to create high-performance, energy-efficient places to live, work and play, so that together we can make the world a better home.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world's largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,900 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. The group had total sales of approximately $5.6 billion in 2021. www.certainteed.com
Worldwide leader in light and sustainable construction, Saint-Gobain designs, manufactures and distributes materials and services for the construction and industrial markets. Its integrated solutions for the renovation of public and private buildings, light construction and the decarbonization of construction and industry are developed through a continuous innovation process and provide sustainability and performance. The Group’s commitment is guided by its purpose, “MAKING THE WORLD A BETTER HOME”.
€51.2 billion in sales in 2022
168,000 employees, located in 75 countries
Committed to achieving Carbon Neutrality by 2050
Saint-Gobain in North America:
Saint-Gobain Corporate Communications