Saint-Gobain's dedication to philanthropy extends between corporate offices and to our exceptional employees.
Through our Matching Gifts Program, the Saint-Gobain Corporation Foundation matches the personal donations of employees with a 50 percent company donation to qualifying non-profit organizations and educational institutions.
We offer this benefit to employees to focus a part of our charitable giving directly to the organizations most meaningful to them and to support them in their personal charitable giving.
Donors: Full- and part-time employees of all Saint-Gobain companies in the United States and Canada are eligible to participate in the program. Freelance and contract personnel are not eligible to participate.
The Foundation matches employee donations starting at $25 (U.S. & Canadian dollars). The total Foundation match available to employees is $1,250 (U.S. or CAD) per year, equating to employee donations totaling up to $2,500.
In order to qualify for a matching gift in the U.S., the recipient organization must be recognized as non-profit and tax-exempt under Section 501 (c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code or an accredited educational institution. In order to qualify for a matching gift in Canada, the Canadian recipient organization must be recognized as a registered charity by the Canadian Revenue Agency (CRA). Canadian educational institutions also qualify for matching gifts. Please note, Canadian recipient organizations will receive their checks in U.S. dollars.
- Gifts will not be made retroactively. A Matching Gift Request Form must be submitted to the recipient organization at the time the gift is made.
- A Matching Gift Request form must be received by the Foundation, with Part A and Part B fully completed, within six months of the donation date
- Both the original gift and the Foundation Matching Gift must be paid directly to, and be used for, the sole benefit of the eligible organization.
- Only individual personal contributions are eligible for matching funds; contribution pledges and group gifts are excluded.
- Personal contributions may be given for a specific purpose or left unrestricted; the Matching Gift from the Foundation will in all cases be unrestricted.
The Foundation will not match
- United Way donations
- Fees for services
- Tuition, membership, or subscription fees
- Ticket purchases
In addition, the Saint-Gobain Foundation does not provide matching funds to any organization or agency whose policies or practices unfairly discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color or religion.